Steven B. Fisher
205 W. Randolph Street, Suite 2110
Chicago, IL 60606
Steven B. Fisher is a trial attorney whose practice over the last thirty-one years has been varied. Mr. Fisher has represented insurance companies, corporations and hospitals in matters ranging from contract disputes to major casualty losses. Mr. Fisher has consulted clients on first-party property insurance coverage interpretation, including asbestos and contamination related claims, as well as complex, multi-party subrogation, loss recovery, matters.
Mr. Fisher’s practice includes casualty defense of individuals, corporate entities and liability insurers alike, including in claims involving premises liability, products liability defense, vehicular claims, industrial incidents and mechanical failures. Representative matters include the defense of both personal, catastrophic injury claims and significant property damages.
Mr. Fisher has particular expertise in the areas of fire causation and spread, explosions, product design and malfunction and construction related occurrences. Mr. Fisher’s expertise in products liability includes knowledge of applicable codes and standards adopted throughout the United States as well as industry custom and usage. He has vast experience in claims involving propane gas, railroad incidents, multi-vehicle collisions and electrical appliance failures.
Mr. Fisher has secured millions of dollars on behalf of his clients by way of trial and pre-trial settlement and, conversely, has saved his clients great sums of money, vigorously defending their interests via effective, targeted advocacy and the aggressive use of dispositive motion practice.
Mr. Fisher has successfully represented clients on appeals throughout the United States.
J.D. IIT/Chicago Kent College of Law, 1987
- Ramsey-Burke Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- Henry Horner Book Scholarship
- Semi-Finalist, Charles Evans Hughes Moot Court Competition
B.S., University of Illinois (Urban/Champaign), 1984
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Trial Bar, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan